The Filipinos work together as a community, since ideas, knowledge and inspiration are easily shared with other people who have the same interest. Even the amateur ones find joining a community beneficial since they can always seek the help of the professionals.
By joining a network of people having the same ideology and interest, endless opportunities and possibilities are created.
Below are just some of the community of designers in the Philippines.
- Philippine Web Designers Organization – PWDO, is a small group of professionals who create astounding human interfaces for the World Wide Web. These people know exactly how to make the most out of standards, usability, and accessibility of a website, and through their knowledge, aim in uplifting the country’s current state in web designing.
- Adobe User Group Philippines – If you are a web designer and still want to improve on your delivery of a rich and immersive mobile site, you can always join the Adobe User Group Philippines. This group will help you understand more on the endless possibilities offered by the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5. The members will show and share the tools of the program, and how they have evolved to enhance the workflow of your work and at the same time, keep your skills fresh and updated. Using the program will allow you to work faster and keep ahead of the newest trends, especially in terms of mobile devices.
- Graphika Manila – brings together Filipino creative minds to celebrate their works in the hopes of inspiring other aspiring web designers. By joining a conference of local and international designers, you will get to learn more in terms of animation, motion graphics, and graphic design. Visual effects production is another aspect that these people focus on.
There are still other communities of graphic and web designers in the Philippines,
- Phlashers – Philippine Flash ActionScripters
- Design Filipino
- Manila Web Design
- Philippine Graphic Design Awards
and it is up to you to choose which one you think will cater most to your needs.